Saturday 10 February 2018

Kentucky Air

[v1]
Six days a week,
ten hours a day,
under the State of Kentucky
earning my pay.

[v2]
Half a mile under,
you're forced to crawl;
first you feel new muscles growing,
then nothing at all.

[stuff in the middle]
The deeper
I go I am

the closer
to hell I am

the closer
to hell I am

the farther
from you I am

the farther
from you

[v3]
Stand in this cage
and fall through the black.
Ride all the way to the bottom
and hope I come back.

[v4]
Some men might mind,
but I don't care
long as I know you will wait in
this Kentucky air.

[[ The first couple of stanzas are the typical coal miner's life, according to an interview with a miner. Six days a week, 10-hour shifts, hunched, different muscles, etc.

The rest is a story. He loves her and the cool air.

]]

No comments:

Post a Comment