Thursday 11 June 2020

nothing but this

[[ 
Someone regrets life and contemplates running away from the current situation, but it seems like this is not the first time the singer has run away. Always between things, always nowhere, geographically and on the radio dial: white noise, static, lightning.
And it's about escaping this desert and finding the sea, but maybe just a fantasy.
]]


nighttime's a real thing
crackles like lightning 
up all the bones of my spine

how did I ever
land in this desert
with nothing left that was mine?

between radio stations
there's nothing but static and hiss 
there's nothing but nothing but this
when you're so far between

a room in an attic
listening to static
feeling the sun coming down

I'll send a letter
out of this desert
baby please let me come home    [[ or baby please come take me home ]]

I'm going down
where the rivers run down
I'm going down 
to the sea

1 comment: